Jesse Lords Nashville Criminal Defense Attorney at Lords And Cate
Meet Jesse Lords, a criminal lawyer at Lords And Cate. He has worked as the treasurer and VP at TDLA. He has a lot of experience in criminal defense.
I grew up in a military family, moving often, until settling in Pensacola Florida for the majority of my youth. On September 18, 2001 I decided to join the Army. I completed my basic training at Ft. Benning Georgia and my military job training at Ft. Gordon Georgia. Following military school, I was stationed at Ft. Campbell Kentucky in 2002. While serving I was deployed to Iraq twice, once in 2003 and again in 2005. While on my second deployment I decided that I wanted to get out of the military, go to school, and become an attorney.
Upon returning from Iraq, I left the Army, joined the Tennessee National Guard, and started school at Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU). I majored in political science and minored in history. While at MTSU I was a member of the first moot court team and my partner and I finished eighth at regional, both of us being recognized as top orators of the competition, and making it to the national moot court tournament.
Knowing that I wanted to be a trial attorney, I specifically chose the University of Memphis because of the school’s reputation for producing trial attorneys. While at the University of Memphis I focused my legal education on trial work. I participated in the school’s mock trial and moot court competitions, I was the treasurer and vice president of the Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, and I was the chairman of the FedEx corporate outreach committee for Memphis Association of Law & Business. I also participated in the Child and Family Litigation Clinic, where I had the opportunity to represent children in juvenile court and probate court. In representing my clients, I prepared for trials, wrote briefs to the court, and litigated dependency and neglect, and conservatorship issues. In my last semester I worked as an intern with the Shelby County District Attorney’s Office (DA’s). While at the DA’s office, I had many opportunities to handle probation and bail hearings. I also had the opportunity to try an aggravated assault case.
After finishing law school, a series of very fortunate events brought me to Nashville. As a dedicated Nashville attorney I practice in a variety of areas and work very hard to communicate with my clients, keep them apprised of what is happening with their case, and help them achieve their ultimate goals in whatever their legal issue may be
- J.D., University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Memphis Association of Law & Business, Chairman of the Corporate Outreach Committee
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Vice-President; Treasurer
B.A., Middle Tennessee State University
- Major: Political Science/Minor: History
- Collegiate Moot Court Team, All Regional Orator
- Dean’s List, all semesters
U.S. Army Noncommissioned Officers Academy – Fort Campbell, KY
- Superior ranking in all evaluated areas Military Experience
UNITED STATES ARMY/TENNESSEE NATIONAL GUARD – Fort Campbell, KY/ Winchester, TN October
- Multichannel Transmission System Operator and Maintainer
- Deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom twice, totaling 2 years.
- Commanded a team of four soldiers that operated and maintained line-of- sight, and RAU radio vans providing communication links between brigade commanders, forward operating bases, and command posts while in the Iraq Theater.
- Assistant Coach, MTSU Moot Court Team, Focusing on Presidential Wartime Powers – Murfreesboro, TN
- Law Office of A. W. Wages – Millington, TN
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law – Memphis, TN
- Honorable Don R. Ash, Sixteenth Judicial District – Murfreesboro, TN
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Program – Murfreesboro, TN
- Middle Tennessee State University – Murfreesboro, TN
- Tennessee National Guard – Winchester, TN
- United States Army October – Fort Campbell, KY
Professional Bar Association and Memberships
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers